As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
There’s no better way to celebrate the fall season than with this pumpkin martini recipe! It’s creamy (thanks to the RumChata), smooth and full of fall flavors like pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
In this season of all things pumpkin, this cocktail is front and center at our get-togethers. It’s the perfect fall cocktail to add to your Thanksgiving menu, either to kick off your Thanksgiving festivities or to wind them down after a big feast.
Dessert cocktails, anyone?
What’s in this Pumpkin Martini Recipe with Rum Chata
Here’s what you’ll need to shake up your fall festivities:
What is RumChata?
RumChata is a cream liqueur that is used in all kinds of cocktails, from coffee and chocolate-based drinks to fruity summer concoctions.
Its main components include Caribbean rum, real dairy cream, and a blend of exotic spices, which give it a distinctive flavor profile. The hints of cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and a touch of other secret ingredients gives RumChata a flavor reminiscent of horchata, a traditional Mexican rice milk beverage.
If you’ve never had RumChata before, you’ll love it in this pumpkin cocktail and you’ll definitely find lots of other ways to enjoy it too.
How to make this RumChata Pumpkin Pie Martini
We’re going to use a cocktail shaker for this one. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, don’t worry – use a clean glass jar that has a tight-fitting lid instead.
First, set up your martini glass. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl or a small dish. Moisten the rim of the glass with water. For extra sweetness you could use maple syrup or plain simple syrup to moisten the rim.
Then, dip the rim of the glass in the cinnamon sugar mixture and set it aside.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Then, pour in the RumChata, vanilla vodka, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Give it a good shake for no less than 15 seconds.
Then, simply strain it into your martini glass. Super simple!
Options for Garnishing your Pumpkin Spice Martini
Although I love the simplicity of the cinnamon-sugar rim, here are some fun additions to the garnish:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick
- Slice of apple
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Variations on this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Martini
Here are some ideas to experiment with when mixing up this creamy pumpkin RumChata martini:
- The Caramel Pumpkin Martini: If you’re looking to add an extra layer of sweetness to your Pumpkin Martini, consider drizzling some caramel sauce into the glass before pouring in the drink. The combination of caramel and pumpkin, enhanced by the creamy liqueur, creates a super indulgent fireside sipper.
- Spiced Pumpkin Martini: Elevate your pumpkin martini by adding a splash of spiced rum to the mix. The warm, spicy notes of the spiced rum pair wonderfully with the pumpkin flavor and RumChata, making this the perfect cocktail for spice lovers.
- Coffee-Infused Pumpkin Martini: For a touch of caffeine, add a shot of espresso or cold brew coffee to your pumpkin martini. The coffee’s bitterness complements the sweet, spiced flavors of the drink, while the RumChata provides the creaminess. This is a great option for those who appreciate a little pick-me-up with their cocktail.
- Double Pumpkin Pie Martini: Double down on the pumpkin flavor by incorporating pumpkin vodka to the mix! Several vodka producers release seasonal flavors this time of year. If you can find pumpkin vodka, use it in a 1:1 ratio with the vanilla vodka. So do one part vanilla vodka and one part pumpkin pie vodka.
When you make this Pumpkin Spice Martini, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more holiday drink recipes, try these:
- Cranberry Ginger Cocktail (A Thanksgiving Gin Drink)
- Holiday Moscow Mule with Pomegranate & Sage
- Pumpkin Pie Bourbon Cocktail with Ginger & Orange
- Ultimate Thanksgiving Sangria
- Fig Old Fashioned Cocktail
Creamy Pumpkin Spice Martini (Easy Cocktail Recipe)
- 3 oz. RumChata liqueur
- 2 oz. vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Make the cinnamon sugar mixture for the rim: combine the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Moisten the rim of a martini glass with water. Dip the rim of the martini glass into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the RumChata, vanilla vodka, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into the cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the martini glass. Enjoy chilled.