Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
What’s in Whipped Pea & Ricotta Spread?
The peas you use for this spread can be fresh or frozen, and then you’ll need a bit of lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and – my secret weapon ingredient – fish sauce. Don’t be grossed out by the name or even the smell, which – spoiler alert – isn’t great. Fish sauce adds an awesome, tangy umami flavor to this otherwise super mild spread. Trust me once it’s in there, you won’t be able to taste it specifically. You’ll just taste deliciousness.
What to serve with Whipped Peas & Ricotta
Whipped Peas & Ricotta with Grilled Bread
A light & fluffy summer spread with fresh mint & lemon, great for kicking off any al fresco meal
- 1 cup shelled peas fresh or frozen
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. mint leaves chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread sliced
- Heat a small pot of water to boiling. Add the peas and cook for one minute. Drain the peas and immediately plunge them into a bowl of ice water. Once they are cool, drain again and add to a food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and puree until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil and grill until toasty. Serve with the pea dip.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply