As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This ultimate nachos recipe is the only one you’ll need for game day!
Inspired by the famous Buffalo Wild Wings ultimate nachos recipe, these crispy tortilla chips are piled high with seasoned chicken, melty cheese and all the fixins’.
You can’t have football season without nachos, and I’m rolling out this recipe just in time for the NFL playoff season.
But I have a feeling we’ll be enjoying these fully loaded nachos well into Cinco de Mayo season!
What’s in these Ultimate Nachos
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chili powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
The Cheese Sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Crunchy tortilla chips. Choose sturdy chips that can stand up to lots of toppings.
- Pico de gallo.This can often be found at the grocery store, but if you can’t find it, simply combine chopped tomatoes and onions with some lime juice, salt, pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Sour Cream
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Buffalo Wild Wings Ultimate Nachos
Cook the Chicken
We’re seasoning our chicken with homemade taco seasoning that’s very simple to whip up. Stir the dry spices together and toss the chicken in the spices.
Then, cook the chicken in a little bit of olive oil.
Once the chicken is cooked, use two forks to shred it into pieces.
Make the Cheese Sauce
The cheese sauce, or queso, is made by melting butter and flour in a small saucepan on the stove.
Once the flour starts to bubble, pour in the milk and bring it to a boil. Then, lower the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese.
The cheese should melt quickly, and you’ll have a pot of liquid gold to pour over your chips.
Assemble the Nachos
First, arrange the chips on a serving tray. No need to use a baking sheet because we won’t even be turning on the oven!
Then, pile on the seasoned shredded chicken. Next, pour on the cheese sauce.
Now, just add your toppings of choice. At Buffalo Wild Wings, the ultimate nachos are topped with pico de gallo, pickled jalapeños, sour cream and cilantro.
Substitutions in this Ultimate Nachos Recipe
1. The Chicken. For an easy shortcut, buy a rotisserie chicken, shred it with forks and toss it in the homemade taco seasoning.
2. The Chicken Seasoning. Skip the homemade taco seasoning and buy premade taco seasoning at the grocery store.
3. Pico de Gallo. If you can’t find a jar or don’t feel like making it, substitute regular salsa instead.
Variations for this Buffalo Wild Wings Ultimate Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Nachos: Skip the meat and load up on extra veggies like shredded lettuce, black beans, refried beans, corn, and avocado.
- BBQ Chicken Nachos: Layer the flavors of the seasoned chicken by tossing it in your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos: Add spicy heat to your seasoned chicken by tossing it in a cup of buffalo sauce before assembling the nachos.
- Chicken Totchos: Jump on this fun trend and swap in tater tots for regular tortilla chips to make tater tot nachos.
- Loaded Nacho Fries: Swap out tortilla chips for seasoned curly fries or waffle fries.
When you make this Buffalo Wild Wings ultimate nachos recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more game day recipes, try these:
For more easy appetizer recipes, try these:
- Hot Honey Pepperoni Cheese Bites
- Baked Dry Rub Wings Recipe
- Hot Elote Dip Recipe (Mexican Street Corn)
The Ultimate Nachos Recipe (Buffalo Wild Wings)
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- sour cream garnish, optional
- cilantro garnish, optional
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Coat the chicken in the dry seasonings. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned and completely cooked on the inside, about 7 minutes per side. Remove onto a cutting board.
- Shred chicken with forks. Set aside.
- Make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook until bubbling, about 1 minute. Pour in the milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in the grated cheese. Stir until melted.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a serving platter. Pile the warm chicken onto the chips. Pour the cheese sauce over top. Garnish with pico de gallo, sour cream, pickled jalapeños and cilantro.