Prep Time: 30 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 15 minutes
How to make these Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Cookies
Always double the recipe!
Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Cookies
Rich dark chocolate with a gooey, decadent caramel center and dusted with sea salt – truly indulgent!
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 16-18 Rolos
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add in the wet ingredients and milk. Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill the dough for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough into 1 tbsp. balls. Press one Rolo into a ball of cookie dough and top with another ball. Press the cookie dough together and smooth the seams so that you cannot see the Rolo at all. Place each cookie onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheet (they will continue to bake for a few minutes after you remove them from the oven).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!