As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate Christmas than with a refreshing and festive cocktail?
Elevate your holiday spirit with this Pomegranate Gin Fizz – a delicious twist on the classic gin fizz that will add a burst of seasonal flavors to your next holiday party.
If you’re a gin lover, you’ll appreciate how easy this cocktail is to make. There is no simple syrup or fancy ingredients.
Enjoy this refreshing bev at holiday parties, as a festive finish to Christmas dinner and all through the winter months.
What is a Gin Fizz?
The main components of a classic gin fizz are dry gin, sugar, citrus and a splash of soda water. This classic cocktail often incorporates an egg white, making it frothy and bubbly all at the same time.
For a Christmas-inspired twist, this pomegranate gin fizz introduces the sweet and tart notes of fresh pomegranate juice.
The juice not only adds a festive hue to your glass but also infuses the cocktail with a burst of antioxidants, making it a healthier option amid the indulgent holiday spread.
What’s in this Pomegranate Gin Fizz
Here’s what you’ll need to create this easy and festive gin cocktail:
- Quality gin
- Pomegranate juice
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup. This will serve as the “sugar” component of our cocktail recipe. It takes the place of simple syrup or honey, which is sometimes used in festive gin cocktails.
- Club soda
How to Make a Pomegranate Gin Fizz
Rim the glass
We’re going to rim the glass with a mixture of raw sugar and ground cinnamon.
Moisten the rim of your rocks glass with either water or pomegranate juice. Then, dip it into the cinnamon-sugar. Now, fill the glass with ice.
Grab a cocktail shaker
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, gin, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and maple syrup. Give it a good shake for about 15 seconds.
Now, pour the cocktail into the rocks glass and top it off with club soda. Be sure to gently stir in the club soda so that it doesn’t sit on top of the other ingredients.
Garnish your cocktail
Garnish your cocktail with pomegranate arils and fresh lemon wedges. You could also add a sprig of rosemary or thyme for a Christmasy aroma.
Your pomegranate gin fizz is now ready to toast!
Variations on this Gin Cocktail Recipe
- Add Fruit. Enhance the festive spirit by incorporating a medley of winter berries like fresh cranberries, raspberries and blackberries. Muddle the berries at the bottom of the cocktail shaker and strain the cocktail into the glass once you’ve shaken it.
- Change up the Citrus: Try orange, grapefruit or even lime juice in place of the fresh lemon juice for a twist on the classic.
- Add Flavor to the Bubbles. For ginger fans, swapping ginger ale or ginger beer for the club soda adds a hint of spice to the flavor profile.
- Play Around with Garnishes. Try a cinnamon stick, star anise or an orange slice to add color and cozy aromas to every sip.
- Make it Cranberry. If pomegranate juice is too tart for your liking, make a Cranberry Gin Fizz by using cranberry juice instead.
What’s the best gin to use for cocktails?
Gin is a super versatile spirit that’s also very nuanced. Here are some points to consider when selecting the perfect type of gin for this holiday cocktail recipe:
- London Dry Gin: A classic gin known for its clean profile, London dry gin is a great choice for any cocktail. Unlike regular gin that is often sweetened after it’s distilled, London dry gin is not sweetened at all. Its stronger herbal essence makes a nice complement to various Thanksgiving cocktails. Examples of London dry gin are Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray.
- Plymouth Gin: With a slightly sweeter and earthier flavor profile, Plymouth Gin is less dry than London and pairs really well with herbal and citrusy components.
- New American or American Dry Gin: These gins have a more pronounced focus on botanicals, giving your cocktail a more dynamic flavor profile. Quality New American gins include Bluecoat and Leopold’s.
When you make this pomegranate gin fizz, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more holiday cocktails, try these:
For more Christmas cocktail recipes, try these:
Pomegranate Gin Fizz (Easy Christmas Cocktail Recipe)
- 3 oz. gin
- 2 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. maple syrup
- 3 tsp. raw turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- club soda for topping off
- pomegranate seeds garnish, optional
- lemon wedges garnish, optional
- Combine the raw sugar and cinnamon in a small dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with water or pomegranate juice. Dip the rim of the glass into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the gin, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and maple syrup into the shaker. Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds.
- Pour the gin mixture into the prepared rocks glass. Top off with club soda. Stir gently. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and lemon wedges.