Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
What do Pan-Fried Zucchini Cakes taste like?
How to make these Zucchini Cakes
How to serve Pan-Fried Zucchini Cakes
Pan-Fried Zucchini Cakes
Seasonal summer side dish or appetizer that are golden and crispy outside, tender on the inside
- 6 cups grated zucchini 3 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated onions
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4-6 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- Place zucchini and 1 tsp. kosher salt in a large colander and mix well. Allow the zucchini to soak 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water and dry with paper towels, squeezing as much moisture out as possible.
- Combine all ingredients except for yogurt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir until combined. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter in spoonfuls into the oil and flatten them out a bit. Once the edges turn golden brown, flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Stir together the yogurt and lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt. Serve with zucchini cakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!