Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What does it mean to hasselback a potato?
How to serve these potatoes
Loaded Mini Hasselback Potatoes
Topped with sharp cheese, garlic butter, bacon and chives, makes a great side dish or appetizer
- 2 dozen miniature potatoes I use a combination of white, red and purple
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Set a potato lengthwise in between two chopsticks or wooden spoons. Make crosswise slices in the potato, stopping once your knife hits the chopsticks. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Set potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, then stir in the garlic powder. Pour melted garlic butter over the potatoes. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and dice it up. Wash and snip the chives.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and top with sour cream, bacon and chives. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!