As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
We literally cannot stop eating this insanely delicious copycat recipe for McDonald’s pancakes!
When I tell you that this is the best pancake recipe ever, I speak truth, my friends!
These super fluffy pancakes come together in just minutes – about as fast as going through the McDonald’s drive thru!
These pancakes make the best breakfast for a lazy weekend morning and a fun weeknight breakfast-for-dinner dish. I promise, the entire family will devour them.
Ingredients for this McDonald’s Pancake Recipe
Here’s the list of simple ingredients you’ll need to create this childhood favorite:
How to Make McDonald’s Pancakes at Home
Prepare the Pancake Batter
Start by whisking your dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Your dry ingredients are flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Then, add in the wet ingredients – eggs, vegetable oil and milk. Combine everything together using a whisk so that it breaks up any lumps.
Cook the Pancakes
Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Depending on your nonstick surface, use your judgment about whether or not to use nonstick cooking spray. If you have a good nonstick surface, it shouldn’t be necessary.
Ladle the pancake batter onto the pan and wait until you see little bubbles form on the surface. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
Then, flip the pancakes over and cook them for another few minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
Remove your delicious pancakes onto a serving plate and enjoy!
How to Serve these McDonalds Pancakes at Home
This McDonalds pancake recipe is a great base pancake recipe for all of your favorite toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Maple Syrup and a Pat of Butter: The timeless combination that never fails (and my personal favorite). Use real butter and pure maple syrup for the ultimate experience.
- Chocolate Chips: A family favorite, especially with the kids! Place chocolate chips onto the pancakes as soon as you pour them onto the griddle.
- Berries and Whipped Cream: Fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries add a burst of freshness. Top with a dollop of whipped cream for extra indulgence.
- Banana and Nutella: Sliced bananas and a generous spread of Nutella create a delicious mix of creamy and sweet flavors. Not a Nutella fan? Try peanut butter instead.
- Breakfast Meats: Serve your pancakes with bacon or sausage patties for a delicious breakfast of sweet and savory.
Pancakes vs. Hotcakes
Confused about why McDonald’s calls their pancakes “hotcakes” now? Don’t be. There’s no difference.
Per their own website, McDonald’s hotcakes are no different than pancakes. They just prefer to call them hotcakes.
Tips for Making Perfect Pancakes
The secret to perfectly fluffy pancakes isn’t just the right ingredients. It’s the method. Follow these tips to get the fluffiest pancakes ever:
- Create air pockets in the batter. The best way to create fluffy pancakes is with an electric mixer. Beating the batter with an electric hand mixer creates air pockets that will yield a lighter, fluffier end result. If you don’t have an electric mixer, use a whisk instead of a wooden spoon to mix your pancake batter.
- Cook pancakes low and slow. Too high a temperature and your pancakes will be too brown on the outside and potentially uncooked on the inside. If you have an electric griddle, set it to 300 degrees. If you’re using a regular pan, set the burner to medium-low. Medium heat is too high! When you drop the batter onto the pan or griddle, it should take a few minutes before you start to see bubbles. If you see bubbles sooner than that, your temperature is too high. Wait to see air bubbles on the entire surface of the pancake, then flip.
- Never mix things into the batter. Instead of stirring berries or chocolate chips into the pancake batter, drop them onto each pancake after you pour the batter onto the griddle. This will prevent the pancakes from turning color.
- Measure out the batter for uniform sizing. Use a measuring cup to create a perfect stack of uniform-sized pancakes. For these homemade pancakes, I use 1/3 cup of the batter for each.
How to Store Leftover Pancakes
Save your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for several days.
For longer storage, place the pancakes into a large freezer bag and squeeze as much air out as possible. The next time you want to enjoy pancakes for breakfast, simply reheat them in the microwave.
When you make this McDonalds pancake recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more breakfast recipes, try these:
How to Make McDonald’s Pancakes at Home (Easy Recipe)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the milk, eggs and vegetable oil. Whisk rapidly until the batter is smooth without lumps.
- Drop the 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the hot griddle. Wait until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancakes. Then flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes, until both sides are golden brown.