Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Can goat cheese be substituted for cream cheese?
Why dark, sour cherries are better than maraschinos.
Goat Cheese Cheesecake w/ Dark Cherry Syrup
Creamy, rich and tangy cheesecake with a buttery crust topped with sweet, syrupy dark cherries
- 8 oz. graham crackers
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 16 oz. goat cheese room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
The Dark Cherry Syrup
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water1 tsp. cornstarch + 1 tsp. water mixed together
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Trace and cut out a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom of a 9″ springform pan. Then spray the bottom and sides with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the graham crackers and pecans in a food processor until fine. With the motor running, slowly pour in the melted butter until combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the goat cheese, cream cheese and sour cream on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in the cream and vanilla. Pour into cooled crust. Bake 60 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and chill in the refrigerator
- Bring cherries, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cornstarch and water mixture and simmer 15-20 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Pour over chilled cheesecake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply