Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What is an Amarena cherry?
How to make Black Forest Brownies
Black Forest Brownies
A decadent combination of rich, fudgy chocolate and syrupy dark cherries that are easy to make and taste gourmet!
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips or block, chopped up
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup Amarena cherries drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray or line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Heat butter in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted. Immediately mix the chocolate into the melted butter and stir quickly to melt. If the chocolate does not melt completely, microwave the mixture in 20 second intervals until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Remove cherries from syrup with a fork and place on a cutting board. Roughly chop the cherries. Fold into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!