Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What does truffle taste like?
Use refrigerated pizza dough for this White Truffle Pizza
White Truffle Pizza
Cheesy and indulgent with the earthy flavor of white truffles and a runny egg on top, this is pizza heaven
- 1 package of purchased pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups fontina cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If using a pizza stone, place the stone in the oven while it is preheating. If using a baking sheet, dust it generously with all-purpose flour or semolina flour.
- Unroll the pizza dough and stretch it to fit the baking sheet. If using a pizza stone, remove it from the oven, dust it generously with all-purpose flour or semolina flour and place the dough on top.
- Brush the oil evenly onto the dough. Sprinkle with garlic powder and top with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the egg until the whites are set. Do not flip. Slide the egg out on top of the pizza. Garnish with fresh basil and thyme.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!