Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
What’s in these Honey Turkey & Gruyere Melts
How to serve these melts
Honey Turkey & Gruyere Melts
Elegant open-faced sandwiches atop a bed of greens that are perfect for a springtime lunch or light dinner
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 3/4 lb. honey or smoked turkey thinly sliced
- 2 cups aged Gruyere cheese grated
- 4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard divided
- 4 Tbsp. EVOO divided
- 4 eggs
- 5 oz. bag of spring mix
- 3 Tbsp. EVOO
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the vinegar, honey and mustard. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly with the spring mix. Divide among 4 serving dishes.
- Set oven to broil. Place sourdough slices on an ungreased baking sheet and brush them with olive oil. Broil for 1-2 minutes, until toasted. Remove from oven. Spread the sourdough slices with 1 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard each, then top with turkey and grated cheese.
- Set a large frying pan filled with 2 inches of water over medium-high heat. Once the water starts to simmer (small bubbles), carefully crack the eggs into the water. Reduce heat to medium and allow to poach for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place the baking sheet back into the oven for another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Remove from oven and place each sandwich on a bed of the greens. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove each egg from the water, allowing any water to drip off. Place one egg onto each sandwich. Season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply