Prep Time: 20 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 15 minutes
How to use Vanilla Bean
The secret to the best Summer Berry Sangria
Summer Berry Sangria
Ripe and luscious with lots of boozy berries, plums and oranges, scented with real vanilla and brandy
- 24 oz. bag of mixed frozen berries
- 4 red or black plums sliced and pits removed
- 2 oranges
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 vanilla beans or 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 bottles red wine
- 1 1/3 cups orange juice
- Place the sliced plums, berries and sugar in a saucepan. Using a sharp knife, slice the vanilla beans open lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes.
- Slice one of the oranges and leave the other whole.
- Off heat, stir in the brandy, wine, orange juice and orange slices. Transfer to pitchers and chill in the refrigerator, preferably overnight. When ready to serve, slice the remaining orange and use it as garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!