Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What’s in this Stovetop Chicken besides Wild Rice and Mushrooms?
How to make this Skillet Chicken
Stovetop Chicken with Wild Rice & Mushrooms
An earthy, healthy one-skillet dish the entire family will love
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 16 oz. white button mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large shallots diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme or 1 Tbsp. dried
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary or 1 Tbsp. dried
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 5 oz. fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Brown the chicken in the olive oil and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until they are soft and no longer release liquid. Remove to a separate plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sherry to the pan and allow to reduce, scraping up any brown bits that are left in the pan. Increase heat to high and add chicken stock, goat cheese and half-and-half. Bring to a boil and let the cheese start to melt.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cooked rice, chicken, mushroom mixture, herbs and salt. Simmer until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Before serving, add the spinach leaves and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!