Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
What’s in this Skillet Chicken, Spinach & Sundried Tomatoes
Skillet Chicken, Spinach & Sundried Tomatoes
Tender chicken, tomatoes and fresh herbs, tossed with delicate orzo pasta & finished with a bubbly layer of cheese
- 4 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 3 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups dry orzo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 8 oz. creamy havarti cheese grated
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil chopped (or 1 Tbsp. dried basil)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley chopped (or 1 Tbsp. dried parsley)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken, then remove to a separate plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent. Add the wine and simmer 1-2 minutes. Add the dry orzo and stir to coat with the red wine mixture.
- Stir in the broth, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, basil, parsley and browned chicken. Bring to a quick boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed. Continue to stir it so that the orzo doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off heat and stir in the spinach. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over top. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!