What is butterscotch?
How do you make Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies?
These cookies are easy to make using my favorite two-bowl method. Wet ingredients in one bowl: butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and molasses. Dry ingredients in another bowl: flour, salt, oats and leavening. Mix them together and you’ve got cookies. This is a great recipe for beginner bakers!
Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy oatmeal cookies w/ creamy butterscotch & flaky sea salt, the perfect salty-sweet combination!
- 1 1/4 cups oats not instant
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer or electric handheld mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluff. Beat in the egg, vanilla and molasses until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oats, flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Drop the batter in tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes. Cookies will still be soft, but they will continue to bake on the sheet once they are removed from the oven. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply