Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What are Burst Tomatoes?
Tomatoes + Basil = The Perfect Pair
How to make the Pesto Ricotta Sauce
Pesto Ricotta Pappardelle w/ Burst Tomatoes
A creamy basil pesto sauce topped with oven-roasted tomatoes and shallots
- 1 lb. pappardelle pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15 oz. container of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a blender, puree the basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, 2 cloves garlic, salt, pepper, pine nuts and olive oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a cast iron or other oven proof skillet. Add 3 cloves garlic and shallot. Sautee until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, red wine vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat the tomatoes. Place skillet into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, cook and drain the pasta according to package directions. Add the pesto sauce to the still-warm pasta pot over very low heat. Stir in the ricotta cheese until smooth. Add the cooked pasta back to the pot and toss to coat.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven. Plate the pasta. Spoon the tomatoes over the pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply