What does swordfish taste like?
How to use fresh herbs in Mediterranean Swordfish Kebabs
Don’t skip the Whipped Feta!
Mediterranean Swordfish Kebabs
Meaty swordfish & fresh summer veggies grilled & served over whipped feta & drizzled with herby vinaigrette
- 2 swordfish steaks cut into cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 banana peppers sliced and seeds removed
- 10-12 ounce block of feta cheese
- 4 rounds of pocketless pita sliced in half or quarters
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano finely minced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes. Thread the swordfish cubes, tomatoes, zucchini cubes and pepper rings onto each skewer in alternating patterns. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place skewers directly onto the grill and cook, turning once, until fish is opaque and veggies are slightly charred, about 15 minutes total.
- In the final minutes of grilling, brush the pita bread with olive oil and place onto the grill. Brush the other side and flip until both sides are warm and have grill marks.
- Meanwhile, break up the feta cheese with your hands and puree in a food processor until smooth. Add a drizzle of olive oil if a smoother texture is desired. Smear onto dinner plates.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk constantly. Whisk in the fresh oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Top whipped feta with the kebabs and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with grilled pita.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply