Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Finding the best-tasting meatless options
How to make this Meatless Bolognese
Meatless Linguine Bolognese
Plant-based protein simmered in a rich, hearty tomato sauce, so good you'll never know it's meatless!
- 1 lb. linguine noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 28 oz. cans of tomato puree
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup jarred sweet pepper strips diced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil or 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano or 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley or 2 Tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 12 oz. plant-based beef substitute crumbled
- 14 oz. plant-based sausage substitute
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until they begin to sizzle, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the sausage substitute from the casings. Add sausage and beef substitutes to the pot, and saute, using potato masher to break them up into smaller pieces. Add the sweet pepper strips and cook until soft, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and spices. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir well to combine all of the ingredients. Allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes (longer, if you can). Serve over cooked linguine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!