Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
How authentic is this recipe?
What you’ll need to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken
How to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Tangy, earthy, flavorful and fall-off-the-bone tender, this chicken is a true taste of the islands
- 6 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken parts
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups blackened seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Pickapeppa sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup chopped scallions divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees or oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour in the vinegar and “wash” the chicken in the vinegar until coated. Remove the chicken and arrange in disposable tins (if grilling) or 9×13 baking dishes, taking care not to overcrowd the pans.
- In a bowl, combine the blackened seasoning, garlic, Pickapeppa, thyme, 1/2 cup of scallions and vegetable oil. Pour the sauce over the chicken, using your hands to make sure that the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- Grill Method: Cover the tins with foil. Place tins on the grill grates and close the grill for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from tins and place directly onto the grill for the next 20 minutes. For the last 20 minutes, put the chicken back into the tins and cover with foil.
- Oven Method: Roast for one hour, basting the chicken every 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the cooked rice with the remaining 1/2 cup of scallions. Serve alongside the chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!