Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
A well-balanced meal
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken w/ Warm Potato Arugula Salad
Honey Mustard Chicken w/ Warm Potato Arugula Salad
Easy and healthy chicken breast with a side of crispy potatoes in a vinaigrette dressing
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 lbs. red skin potatoes cut into large chunks
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 Tbsp. shallots minced
- 4 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dijon mustard divided
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop the potatoes in and boil 8 minutes, until tender. Drain the potatoes and spread them out onto a baking sheet. Chill until cold.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together both mustards, honey, brown sugar and thyme. Place the chicken in a 9×13 baking dish and baste with the honey mustard mixture. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Baste the chicken again and roast for another 15-20 minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette: whisk the vinegar, 2 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. Dijon, sugar and shallots in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cold, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a cast iron skillet. Saute the potatoes until brown and crisp. Toss the cooked potatoes with the vinaigrette and arugula.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!