Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
What’s in Herby Tortellini with Roasted Mushrooms?
How to make Herby Tortellini with Roasted Mushrooms
Which wine should I use for this dish?
Herby Tortellini with Roasted Mushrooms
An easy but elegant pasta meal with earthy mushrooms in a buttery white wine sauce with fresh herbs
- 1 lb. cheese tortellini cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1 lb. white button mushrooms
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shallot minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth for a vegetarian option
- 3 Tbsp. chives chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash, dry and cut the mushrooms into quarters. Arrange mushrooms in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp. butter. Saute the shallots and thyme in the butter until soft. Stir in the wine, reduce heat to low and cook until almost evaporated. Add the broth and continue to simmer 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta and mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Finish by stirring in the remaining 3 Tbsp. butter, chives, lemon juice and more salt. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!