Why are these sugar cookies the best?
Make cookie decorating into a party!
Tips for Success
Hannukah Sugar Cookies
A simple and delicious sugar cookie recipe to decorate for Hannukah or any other festive occasion
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks salted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugars and lemon zest until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Form the dough into 2 discs, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes. (You can also freeze the dough for future use.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough onto a well-floured surface until it reaches 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Cookies will be pale with a slightly golden bottom. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!