What’s in these Gruyere & Chive Popovers
How to make the perfect popover
Gruyere & Chive Popovers
Light and airy, these flaky pastries are made savory with the addition of aged cheese and fresh chives
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and position the rack in the bottom half of the oven. Once the oven reaches temperature, place the popover pan in the oven. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, flour and 3 Tbsp. of the melted butter. Mix in the cheese and chives.
- Remove the pan from the oven and quickly divide the remaining 1 Tbsp. of melted butter among the pans. Fill the pans with batter and return to the oven. Lower the temperature to 375 degrees and bake, undisturbed, for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!