This Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta checks all the boxes for an easy weeknight meal that tastes like it took all day to make.
There’s tender chicken and satisfying pasta in a garlicky, creamy sauce that’ll make your taste buds dance.
Throw all of your ingredients into a slow cooker, set it and forget it! Using Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce makes the ingredients list super short, and just wait till you smell it cooking.
The entire house will smell amazing!
What’s Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce?
Buffalo Wild Wings, affectionately nicknamed B-Dubs, is one of Mini Me’s favorite restaurants. She loves all things spicy, and this restaurant feeds her cravings with all kinds of zesty, flavorful sauces for their chicken wings.
The Garlic Parmesan is her favorite sauce of them all! It’s used on their Parmesan garlic wings (obviously) to give them the best flavor, and has become a cult favorite in other recipes as well.
This delicious sauce is a creamy blend of garlicky, salty, cheesy notes. It’s on the thicker side, so it’s a great sauce to use as a marinade, dipping sauce or coating for all kinds of chicken preparations.
What’s in this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta recipe
You won’t believe how amazing this recipe is with only 6 ingredients! Here’s all you’ll need:
- Short cut pasta. Any shape from fusilli to penne pasta will work, as long as it’s a short shape.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts. Chicken thighs can also be used, if you prefer.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Cream cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
The answer to what’s for dinner on busy weeknights is this delicious dish!
Simply put all of your ingredients (except for the pasta) into a slow cooker. Break up the cream cheese into smaller pieces so that it melts easier. And then set it to high.
It will be ready in 4 hours. The aromas of this meal cooking are some of the most intoxicating I’ve ever smelled!
Shred the chicken with forks, add your cooked pasta and boom – dinner’s ready!
Find the full instructions in the recipe card below.
How to Serve Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
If you can get this delicious dish to the dinner table without devouring it straight out of the crock pot, here are some serving suggestions:
- Fresh Vegetables: We’ve got our carbs and our protein, but no veggies. Add a side of steamed veggies like green beans, broccoli or a mixed vegetable medley to balance the meal.
- Garlic Bread: What goes better with pasta than crusty garlic bread? Nothing.
- Salad: Balance the richness of the dish with a simple green salad drizzled with a light vinaigrette.
Variations and Substitutions
Customize this Parmesan chicken recipe with these options and ideas:
- Homemade Garlic Parmesan Sauce: If you don’t mind a little extra effort, go ahead and make your own garlic Parmesan sauce from scratch. It’s a mixture of butter, olive oil, garlic cloves, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Healthier Alternatives: For a lighter version of Garlic Parmesan chicken, opt for nonfat milk and Neufchatel cheese, which will reduce the total fat and calories in this dish.
- Keto Version: Add extra chicken to the crockpot and leave out the pasta for a low carb, high fat meal.
- Spicy Twist: If you like a bit of heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the Garlic Parmesan sauce for a little kick.
Can you use frozen chicken in this recipe?
I don’t recommend using frozen chicken to make this recipe. It will affect the cooking time and potentially risk the growth of bacteria.
It’s best to start with defrosted chicken for this and other crock pot recipes.
Where can you find Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce?
If you’re lucky enough to live near a B-Dubs restaurant, you can pick up a bottle there. It is also available in some grocery stores. My local grocery store doesn’t carry it, so I order mine from Amazon.
If you’d rather make your own homemade recipe, there are plenty out there to choose from.
How to Store this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
This recipe makes enough to feed the whole family. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
They’ll last for 4-5 days. Leftovers can be reheated easily in the microwave.
When you make this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
For more slow cooker recipes, try these:
- Gluten Free Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Best Ever Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Hot Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Crispy Onion Strings
For more cozy pasta recipes, try these:
- Easy Creamy Blush Sauce (Pink Pasta Sauce Recipe)
- Cheesy Baked Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Chicken & Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta (Easy Crockpot Recipe)
- 1 crock pot
- 1 lb. short cut pasta
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Put all of the ingredients except the pasta into the slow cooker, breaking up the cream cheese into smaller pieces.
- Cover and set the slow cooker to high. Cook for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred it with forks.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Put the chicken and pasta into the crock pot and combine with the other ingredients. Serve warm.