Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
It all starts with a Peanut Butter Cookie
How to make Fluffernutter Thumbprint Cookies
Fluffernutter Thumbprint Cookies
The peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches that you loved as a kid, turned into a delicious cookie
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter + more for the drizzle
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars with a hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Then, mix in the flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll into 1/2 inch balls with your hands and place dough balls on the baking sheet 1 inch apart. Using your thumb, press holes into each dough ball.
- Fill a ziplock bag with the marshmallow fluff. Snip off the corner of the bag and pipe the fluff into each hole. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan (they will cook on the pan for a few minutes after they’re removed from the oven).
- Microwave a few additional spoonfuls of peanut butter on high in 20 second increments until it reaches a liquid consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!