Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What’s in Chicken & Tomato Pappardelle?
What is Broccoli Rabe?
Chicken & Tomato Pappardelle
Tangy sun dried tomatoes, spicy red pepper and smoky bacon add so much flavor to this delicious dish
- 1 lb. pappardelle pasta
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 4 strips of thick-cut bacon diced
- 2/3 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes minced and 3 Tbsp. oil reserved
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (rapini) rinsed and stems removed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the reserved sun dried tomato oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sautee the garlic until sizzling. Add the chicken strips and cook through, 4-5 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and remove onto a separate plate.
- Add bacon, sun dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes and broccoli rabe to the pan. Cook until bacon is crisp, then pour in the wine. Scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir in the broth and cream.
- Lower the heat and allow to thicken slightly, 2 minutes. Plate the pasta and top with cooked chicken and cherry tomatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply