Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Lemon + Sage = Heaven
How to make Lemon & Sage Scones
Lemon & Sage Scones
Light and flaky scones that are easy to make, kissed with lemon flavor and scented with fresh sage leaves
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold, unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. minced sage leaves divided
- 1 cup heavy cream plus 2 Tbsp. for brushing
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut the cold butter into cubes, then add it to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or just your fingers, work the butter and flour together until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Pour in the cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 tsp. sage. Stir together. Dump the batter onto a flour surface and roll until 1-2 inches thick. Cut into triangles and place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the scones with remaining heavy cream and dust with sanding sugar. Sprinkle the remaining sage leaves on top. Bake 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk lemon juice and sugar together until smooth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!