Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
How to caramelize zucchini
What else is in this Zucchini & Onion Tart?
Caramelized Zucchini & Onion Tart
A great way to use your garden fresh summer vegetables, with Gruyere and puff pastry dough
- 1 package (2 sheets) of frozen puff pastry dough
- 6 cups zucchini ribbons (2-3 medium sized zucchini)
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups Gruyere cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Cut the onion into very thin slices. Finely mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, zucchini and onions and cook until carmelized, about 20-25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the puff pastry onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, smoothing the seams together until it measures about 9×13. Bake the pastry for 15 minutes and remove from oven. It will be puffed up high, so run a rolling pin over it to flatten it back out.
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese, then the vegetables, then 1/2 of the cheese onto the pastry. Garnish with zucchini blossoms if you have them. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!