Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
What is a Brookie?
When the two delicious worlds of fudgy brownies and chocolate chip cookies collide, you get a brookie! Some people take the two batters and mix them together to form a chewy, marbled cookie. You can also spread one batter on top of the other in a baking dish to make layered bars. A brookie is probably one of the greatest collaborations of our generation, wouldn’t you agree?
How to make Brookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Once your baked layers are cool, which doesn’t take long, you can assemble these Brookie Ice Cream Sandwiches using your favorite ice cream. Be sure to let the ice cream sit out on the counter for a while so it’s nice and soft and spreadable.
Serving and Storing Brookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Brookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Three layers of chewy chocolate chip cookie and fudgy brownie with cool, creamy ice cream
- 1 recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Layers see below
- 1 recipe for Brownie Layer see below
- 2 pints of vanilla ice cream softened
- 2 pints of mint chocolate chip ice cream softened
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layers
- 3 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
The Brownie Layer
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips or block, chopped up
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla and milk and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the dough in half.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press 1/2 of the cookie dough down into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before turning out of the pan. Repeat this process with the other 1/2 of the cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat butter in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted. Immediately mix the chocolate into the melted butter and stir quickly to melt. If the chocolate does not melt completely, microwave the mixture in 20 second intervals until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press the batter into the pan in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before turning out of the pan.
- Wash and dry the 9×13 baking pan. Place one layer of cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Spread vanilla ice cream evenly across the cookie layer. Place the brownie layer on top of the ice cream and press down slightly so that it is flat and not lopsided. Cover and freeze 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and spread the mint chocolate chip ice cream evenly over the brownie layer. Top with the remaining cookie layer and press down slightly. Cover and freeze.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice into squares and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply