Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
In West Philadelphia, born and raised
What’s in this Basil Pesto Linguine
Basil Pesto Linguine w Parmesan Fricos
The best basil pesto sauce you'll ever have, cheesy "saucers"
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp flour
- Puree all pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender. Toss with 1 lb. of cooked, drained pasta.
- To make the fricos, whisk cheese and flour together in a bowl. Warm an 8-inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Heap 3 Tbsp of the cheese mixture into the center of the pan and then quickly spread it out into a thin circle with the back of a spoon. The shape does not have to be exact.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until the edges start to brown. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!