Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Cilantro – A Nation Divided
Customizing Your Bowl
Asian Salmon Noodle Bowls
Light and healthy noodle bowls topped with Asian-spiced salmon and crispy vegetables in a garlic-soy dressing
- 2 lbs. salmon fillets
- 16 oz. wide rice noodles
- 3/4 cup scallions diced and divided
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. garlic divided
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce divided
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce divided
- 3 Tbsp. sugar divided
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes divided
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup water
Make the Marinade:
- Combine 1/4 cup diced scallions, 2 Tbsp. garlic, 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. sugar, the sesame oil, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes and lime zest in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Place the salmon into the marinade and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
Make the Sauce:
- In a saucepan, bring the water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. fish sauce, 1 Tbsp. carrots and 1 tsp. garlic to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in the lime juice and 1 tsp. red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Remove salmon from refrigerator and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pour marinade over top the salmon and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Crush up the peanuts and place them in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast, moving them around the pan with a spatula, until fragrant and slightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Cook and drain the rice noodles. Toss the noodles with the sauce and divide among 4 bowls. Top with salmon, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, remaining scallion, cucumber, carrot and peanuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply