Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What’s in this Vanilla-Glazed Orange Cake
Does this Orange Cake have to be a bundt?
Vanilla-Glazed Orange Cake
A beautiful cake for springtime, this bundt cake is light, spongy with subtle hints of orange and vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 Tbsp. orange zest about 6 oranges
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. milk more if needed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a bundt pan thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the orange zest. Add the eggs, one at at time.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the orange juice, vanilla extract, milk and sour cream.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the flour mixture alternately with the juice mixture until combined. Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Bake for 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Allow to cool completely before turning onto a cake plate.
- Make the glaze: Whisk all ingredients together in a glass liquid measuring cup. Pour glaze in a back and forth motion over the cake, from outside to inside. Repeat all the way around the cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply