Is Southwestern Slaw healthy?
Customizing this Southwestern Slaw
And if you wanted to throw some extra veggies in there too, try thinly sliced orange and red bell peppers.
A great low-carb side dish for tacos & grilled meats. Dairy-free & sugar-free.
- The Slaw
- 1 head green cabbage shredded
- 1 head purple cabbage shredded
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 jalapeño peppers thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 bunch of scallions diced
- The Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Puree all dressing ingredients in a blender. Pour dressing over slaw and mix to combine. Store in an airtight container overnight or for several hours before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!