Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
How do you cook shrimp?
What you need to make Shrimp & Spinach Salad
I had loads of spinach in the garden, so I used it for the greens in this salad. The extra vitamins and minerals that spinach provides are a nice bonus, but you could really make this salad with any greens you like. I always tell people, if you want to get your kids to love salad, don’t throw spinach or kale at them right away. Ease them in with romaine, then gradually introduce the more interesting greens. My kids have come to love spinach as a result of breaking them in slowly. I think I started by adding spinach to the warm artichoke dip that they love, and eventually made it to being able to serve this salad and not having them complain. The Prince has even graduated to liking kale!
The Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette
How to serve Shrimp & Spinach Salad with Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette
Shrimp & Spinach Salad with Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 12-15 jumbo shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup quality feta cheese cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup kalamata or other Greek olives
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- To make the dressing, pulse all ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube until incorporated.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Thread shrimp onto skewers and place on a tray or baking sheet. Whisk the olive oil, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush onto the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Grill 2-3 minutes, then flip. Shrimp should be nice and pink. Remove from grill.
- To assemble the salad, divide spinach leaves between 2 salad bowls. Top with tomatoes, feta, olives and shrimp. Drizzle with dressing.