This is not Chinese Orange Chicken!
Orange Ginger Chicken
Savory and a little sweet, this easy chicken dinner is healthy and delicious for weeknight or weekend cooking
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3 cups hot cooked white rice
- 1 orange for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast in half so that you have 6 thinner chicken breasts. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. of salt. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Cook chicken (in batches if necessary), 3-4 minutes each side. Remove chicken to a separate plate and keep warm. Add the flour, sugar, remaining salt and spices. Stir to a smooth paste.
- Whisk in the orange juice. Continue to cook, whisking, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat, add the chicken back to the pan, and simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken over cooked rice, spooning the sauce over top. Garnish with fresh orange slices and parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply