Prep Time: 15 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 45 minutes
What’s in these Ginger Soy Wings
You probably already have most of the ingredients for the wing sauce on hand: butter, garlic, soy sauce, honey and chicken broth. The most “exotic” ingredient in here is fresh ginger.
I keep a jar of minced ginger in the fridge at all times. It’s so much easier than navigating a knobby piece of fresh ginger with a peeler and then having to slice it down.
How to make these wings
If you make these Ginger Soy Chicken Wings, don’t forget to tag me in your photos and let me know how much you love them! Enjoy!
Ginger Soy Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings separated
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced ginger or freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- 1 scallion chopped (optional)
- Place wings in a large bowl and pour bone broth over them, enough to cover. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours to overnight.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Arrange wings in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lemon in a saucepan. Whisk together over medium heat until foamy. Lower heat to a simmer and continue to whisk for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove wings from oven. In a large pan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Toss wings in melted butter and then add sauce. Coat the wings in the sauce and allow to cook down just until sticky. Remove from heat.
- Top with chopped cilantro and scallions.