Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
How to make Ginger Soy Chicken Meatballs
What is plum sauce?
What kind of rice should I use for Ginger Soy Chicken Meatballs?
Ginger Soy Chicken Meatballs w/ Plum Sauce
A healthier version of Chinese takeout that you can make at home in no time!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 tsp. each white & black sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked white rice
The Plum Sauce
- 1 cup plum sauce or jelly
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. To make the meatballs, combine all ingredients except for the sesame seeds and rice and mix together well. Form the mixture into 12-14 meatballs. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce: Combine all ingredients except the cilantro in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes to thicken. Be sure to whisk the mixture occasionally.
- Place the rice into bowls. Top with meatballs and plum sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and additional cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!