Prep Time: 45 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: N/A
What’s in this Frozen Lemonade Pie?
The crust itself is made from only two simple ingredients: graham crackers and butter.
The Mixed Berry Topping
Cook them down in a saucepan with some lime juice and sugar and let them get nice and syrupy. I will usually let the sauce cool for 10 or 15 minutes, then put it in the fridge to get the temperature down. Before you serve this dessert, just pop the sauce out of the fridge for a few minutes just to get the chill off – it will be easier to pour and spread it that way. I like to spoon the room-temperature topping over the frozen pie just before serving. But there have been times when I’ve just poured it over the whole pie and frozen the entire thing. Still good!
Frozen Lemonade Pie w/ Mixed Berry Sauce
- 8 oz. graham crackers
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 cup + 3 Tbsp. sugar divided
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place an 8″ springform pan on top of a sheet of parchment paper. Trace the circle of the pan onto the parchment. Cut out the circle and place inside the pan. Spray the parchment and sides of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until fine. With the motor running, pour the melted butter through the feed tube until incorporated. Dump the mixture into the springform pan and press it down and up the sides of the pan. It does not have to be perfect. Bake 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, make the ice cream: beat heavy cream, 3 Tbsp. sugar and vanilla with a mixer until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whisk the lemonade concentrate and sweetened condensed milk together. Gently fold into the whipped cream until combined. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 3 hours.
- To make the berry topping, bring the berries, 1/3 cup sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan. Lower the heat and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cornstarch, cook 1 more minute, then take off heat. Cool to room temperature. Can also be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- To serve, release the pie from the springform pan and transfer to a serving plate. Smooth the berry topping over the pie. Using a knife that has been run under warm water, slice and serve.
Leave a Reply