Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What’s in a Mint Julep?
How to make the Mint Simple Syrup
What do we serve Mint Juleps in?
Fresh Mint Julep
Naturally flavored with fresh mint syrup, this Southern cocktail is icy, sweet and refreshing for summer
- 2 shots bourbon
- 1 shot Fresh Mint Simple Syrup recipe below
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Stir together the mint leaves, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before straining out the mint leaves and pouring into an airtight jar or container.
- Pour the bourbon and Fresh Mint Simple Syrup into a glass and stir gently. Pack the glass with ice and top with a few dashes of bitters. Garnish with extra sprigs of mint.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!