What is eggnog anyway?
What’s in these Eggnog Cookies?
How do I make those fancy shapes?
Eggnog Cookies with Vanilla Rum Buttercream
A favorite holiday drink gets a festive cookie makeover that's moist, cakey & perfect for Santa
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. white rum
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, nutmeg and salt. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combine. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out onto a flour surface and cut into desired shapes. Alternately, drop the dough in rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, until cookies are set and slightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- To make the frosting, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Use a piping bag to make designs or simply spread on top of the cooled cookies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!