Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
There are times when I love introducing my non-Jewish friends to traditionally Jewish foods and other times when I feel just plain bad about it. For instance, I haven’t been able to persuade many people to join me in my love of kasha and bowties. But when it comes to this Kugel Recipe with Cottage Cheese, my job is pretty easy. It’s a consistent winner!
What is kugel?
What’s in this Cherry Kugel
Can this Kugel Recipe with Cottage Cheese be low fat?
If you make and love this Kugel Recipe with Cottage Cheese, I’d love to hear about it! Drop a rating or leave a comment below.
For more Jewish recipes, try these:
For more dessert recipes, try these:
Easy Kugel Recipe with Cottage Cheese (Jewish Noodle Pudding)
- 8 oz. medium egg noodles
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 lb. small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together, then beat in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk and cottage cheese. Stir in the noodles. Combine all ingredients together.
- Melt the butter in a 8×8 or 9×9 square baking dish. Coat the dish with the melted butter and pour the rest of the butter into the noodle mixture. Pour the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, spread cherries over top, and return to oven for another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.