Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What is Creamy Tomato Pesto sauce so good?
How to make Creamy Tomato Pesto Pasta
Creamy Tomato Pesto Pasta
A creamy, indulgent sauce made with fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and rich tomato paste
- 1 lb. pasta
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 6 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain.
- Puree the basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add pesto sauce to a large pot with heat set to low. Stir in the tomato paste and cream and simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes. Use pasta water to thin the sauce, if desired.
- Add cooked pasta back into the pot and toss to combine. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!