Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
What is in Creamy Cucumber Salad?
The rest of the ingredients are simple: thinly sliced red onion, a little lemon juice, sugar, salt and lots of fresh dill.
Why we soak cucumbers in salt?
What do you eat Creamy Cucumber Salad with?
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Cool and refreshing cucumbers with Greek yogurt, lemon and dill, a great side dish for grilled meats and fish
- 2 large cucumbers 4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dill roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. salt divided
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut into thin slices and place in a colander. Sprinkle with 2 tsp. salt and toss to combine. Let sit.
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, dill, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Rinse the cucumbers with water and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Add the cucumbers and onions to the yogurt mixture and stir gently to combine. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Serve chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!