Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What do champagne cupcakes taste like?
Making the Strawberry Buttercream
Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
A sweet, elegant and festive dessert for all of your special celebrations
- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup champagne
- 2/3 cup whole milk
The Buttercream Frosting
- 13 oz. confectioners sugar
- 6 oz. salted butter
- 6 oz. fresh strawberries stems cut and pureed in a blender so it yields 1/4 cup of puree
- 2-3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the milk and champagne until combined. It might be slightly lumpy. That's ok.
- Pour batter 2/3 of the way full into each cupcake liner. Bake 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter and confectioner’s sugar together with an electric or stand mixer. Then beat in the strawberry puree until smooth. Add the heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!