Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What’s in this Champagne Chicken
Don’t skip the Garlicky Whipped Potatoes
- onion powder
- garlic powder
Champagne Chicken with Garlicky Whipped Potatoes
Chicken smothered in a smooth, buttery sauce with mushrooms and champagne
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/2 lb. button mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup French champagne
- 2 1/2 lbs. potatoes
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Slice each chicken breast in half to make two thinner cutlets. You should end up with a total of 8 thin breast cutlets.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and brown in the pan, 3-4 minutes per side. Make the chicken in batches if necessary. Add the mushrooms, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a warm platter.
- Add the champagne to the pan and bring to a rapid boil. Lower heat and allow sauce to reduce until creamy.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil potatoes 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain. Over low heat, melt the butter in the same pot. Add the potatoes, milk and spices. Remove from heat. Using an electric mixer, whip the potatoes until smooth.
- Spread the potatoes onto serving dishes. Place the chicken and mushrooms on top of the potatoes. Spoon the sauce over chicken breasts garnish with fresh parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!