Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Making the homemade blueberry jam
How to get the perfect crumb topping
Blueberry Jam Sour Cream Crumb Cake
Bursting with fresh summer berries, this crumb cake has a buttery topping that is irresistible!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups sugar divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
The Crumb Topping
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- In a small saucepan, bring blueberries, 3/4 cup sugar and lemon juice to a boil. Lower heat to medium and allow to cook until sugar dissolves and berries begin to soften. Use a wooden spoon to mash up some of the blueberries, leaving some berries whole. Cook on medium low heat for 15-20 minutes, until mixture has thickened and coats the back of the wooden spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. (This yields about 1 cup of jam.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the blueberry jam evenly over the batter and use a knife to swirl it through.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crumb mixture in a small bowl and work it together with a fork or your fingers. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly across the batter. Bake for 40 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!