Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Getting the perfect consistency in this Blue Ribbon Turkey Chili
What you need to make Blue Ribbon Turkey Chili
Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients in this recipe. You probably already have most of it on hand. The “bones” of this chili are made with ground turkey, beans (dark red and black), green pepper and onion. The rest of the ingredients are just spices!
Don’t forget the cornbread!
Blue Ribbon Turkey Chili
- 1 26 oz. box of Pomi chopped tomatoes
- 1 can dark red kidney beans with juice
- 1 can black beans with juice
- 3 lbs ground turkey 85% – 92% lean
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. dry minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. masa flour
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish optional
- sour cream for garnish optional
- diced scallions for garnish optional
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, brown the turkey. Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder as it cooks. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the pot.
- Add onions and peppers and saute until soft. Add the minced garlic. Season again with salt and pepper and cook until onion is translucent. Add the remaining worcestershire sauce, the spices and browned turkey to the pot, stirring to combine well.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans and masa flour. Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes and up to several hours.