Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
The Honey Lime Dressing
The Homemade Tortilla Chips
Easy Black Bean & Corn Salad w/ Homemade Tortilla Chips
Black beans and sweet summer corn with garden tomatoes, avocado and scallions in a light honey-lime dressing
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 ears of corn 3 cups
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup scallions diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 12 corn tortillas cut into 8ths
- 2 Tbsp. flaky sea salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Place the corn in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes, then drain and allow to cool. Once cool, shave the kernels off the cobs using a serrated knife.
- Toss the corn together in a large bowl with the tomatoes, black beans and scallions. Set aside.
- Whisk the honey and lime juice together in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the olive oil until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To make the chips, first combine the sea salt and lime zest in a small bowl. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan so that the oil is about 1/2 inch deep. Drop the tortilla triangles into the hot oil until they become golden on one side (about 1 minute), then flip and cook for another minute. Remove chips onto a paper towel-lined tray and sprinkle immediately with lime salt.
- When ready to serve, gently fold the avocado and cilantro into the salad and toss with the honey-lime dressing. Serve with chips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!