Servings: 4 dozen
Prep Time: 30 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 20 minutes
What are Rugelach?
Filling Options for Rugelach
Enough to Share
Berry Bourbon Rugelach
Cream cheese-based pastry dough filled with boozy berry jam and rolled into bite-sized cookies, sprinkled with sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup berry jam
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugars and salt. Mix in the vanilla, then the flour. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam and the bourbon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a floured surface, roll dough into strips that measure 12″x 4″. Place jam in a line down the center of the dough strip. Roll from the long end into a log. Cut into 1″ pieces. Place cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!